Attorney Kortney D. Simmons
A Skilled Jackson Criminal Defense Lawyer
A native of Memphis, Tennessee, Kortney D. Simmons graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law in 2011, where she earned her J.D. with a Certificate in Criminal Law. Prior to law school, Ms. Simmons received her B.S. in International Relations from Middle Tennessee State University, where she graduated cum laude in 2007.
In 2011, Ms. Simmons was admitted to the Tennessee Bar and joined Divorce Incorporated as an Associate Attorney. In 2015, Ms. Simmons, along with G. Michael Casey and Daniel P. Bryant, formed the law firm of Casey, Simmons and Bryant, PLLC. Ms. Simmons practices in courts across Tennessee, but primarily practices in West Tennessee. Her primary areas of practice are criminal defense, juvenile and family law.
- Tennessee Bar Association; Young Lawyers Division Board Member, District 13 Representative
- Federal Bar for the United States District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Jackson-Madison County Bar Association; Young Lawyers Division President
- Howell Edmunds Jackson American Inns of Court
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ballard-Taylor Bar Association
- Lawyers’ Association for Women
- Jackson Chamber of Commerce
- 2012, 2013 and 2014 guest lecturer for the Black Executive’s Exchange Program at Lane College sponsored by the National Urban League
- Madison County Teen Court Attorney Volunteer
- West Tennessee Legal Services Board of Directors
- Special Judge for Jackson City Court
- Jackson Service League
- Home Life Academy 2014 and 2015 Mock Trial Coach
- Keep My Hood Good Board of Directors
Continuing Legal Education Presenter
- Tennessee Bar Association, How to Introduce Different Types of Evidence: Introducing Facebook Posts and Texts (Co-Presenter with G. Michael Casey), November, 2012.
- Equal Justice Conference, How to Introduce Different Types of Evidence: Introducing Facebook Posts and Texts, October 2013.
Awards & Recognition
- 10 Best American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 10 Best Female Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Attorneys Under 40, National Academy Of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Best Law Firm Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 10 Best Law Firm Client Satisfaction Award, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2016
- 10 Best for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 for the State of Tennessee, Criminal Defense, National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Top 40 Under 40 for the State of Tennessee, National Black Lawyers, 2016
- Star of the Quarter, Tennessee Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, 2015
- Top 10 Under 40 for the State of Tennessee, National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, 2015