Turning your divorce into a do-it-yourself project might seem like an effective way to scale back the expense of dissolving your marriage, but it can ultimately cost you more in the long run. Not only can hiring an attorney prevent you from making any costly mistakes, but it can also spare you unnecessary stress and frustration.
The Importance of Hiring an Attorney
Although the internet is a vast landscape of information, trying to handle your divorce case will not be easy and you will inevitably make some errors that can potentially impact your life for years to come. Although some orders can be modified, you will have to prove a substantial change in your circumstances before a judge grants a modification, so it is in your best interest to get it right the first time.
Here are some other reasons why you should not handle your divorce on your own:
- Lower your stress levels: Getting a divorce is a stressful experience in itself, but it can be especially overwhelming if you attempt to handle it on your own, without legal guidance. Not only will you have to deal with the intense emotional aspect of it, but you will have to make sure all of your legal work is in order.
- You will not be at a disadvantage: Just because you choose not to hire an attorney, does not mean your spouse will make that same mistake. You will be at an even greater disadvantage if your spouse lawyers up and you choose not to hire legal representation. Why let your spouse have the upper hand in this scenario?
- You can avoid delays: The more errors you make during the divorce process, the longer it will take, so if you want to avoid having to endure a more prolonged divorce, hire an attorney to ensure you can begin this new chapter in life sooner rather than later.
- You will have expert advice from someone who knows the law: Instead of scouring the internet for answers, you will have a knowledgeable professional on your side to address your concerns. Nothing will compare to the advice you will receive from an experienced divorce attorney with a proven track record of success in handling cases like yours.
- You can make sure the divorce decree is in your best interests: You might not always understand what you are signing when the time comes to put your signature on your divorce decree. With an attorney on your side, you can be sure the agreement accurately represents your wishes and is in your best interests.
Schedule a Case Review with a Compassionate Divorce Attorney Today!
If you are getting a divorce, do not treat this important matter as a do-it-yourself project. Instead, reach out to the experienced team at Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC for the knowledgeable and skilled assistance you need during this difficult time. With more than 30 years of collective legal experience on our side, you can trust our ability to handle your case.
Contact our law office today at (731) 256-0023 to schedule a free and confidential case review with one of our esteemed attorneys.