Parenting Plan Modifications in Tennessee
Experienced & Skilled Legal Representation
Life can change in a sudden and unexpected instant, often beyond your control. If you were involved in a divorce, there may be significant changes in your life afterward, as well as your child’s life, which may require modification of an existing court order. However, doing so may be difficult without the legal assistance of a qualified lawyer.
At Casey, Simmons & Bryant PLLC, we are committed to helping you modify your divorce agreement and protect the best interests of you and your child. Our attorneys have the comprehensive understanding of Tennessee laws and court proceedings to provide knowledgeable and passionate legal assistance to those in Jackson, Clarksville and surrounding cities.
Requirements for Parent Plan Modifications
The modification of a parenting plan and timesharing schedule requires a party to demonstrate a substantial, material, and unanticipated change of circumstances. There are two elements to the statement – the circumstances have significantly and materially changed since the determination of custody and the child’s best interests justify the change.
In Tennessee, factors of the best interests of the child include, but not limited to, the following:
- The love, affection, and emotional connection between the parents and the child
- The disposition of the parents to provide food, clothing, medical care, education, and other required care to the child and the degree to which a parent have been the primary caregiver
- The continuity in the child’s life and the length of time the child has resided in a satisfactory, stable environment
- The mental and physical health of the parents
- The stability of the family unit of the parents
- The past and potential for future performance of the parenting responsibilities of each party
- The home, academic, and community record of the child
- The evidence of physical or emotional abuse toward the child
Dedicated to Helping Your Family Today
In most cases, both parents want to remain a primary part of their children’s lives and raise them. However, when parenting plans and schedules are not established properly, it can result in extreme hardship for your children. Our lawyers can help you navigate through the potential complications of your case in order to get the most favorable outcome possible.
Contact Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC and request a free consultation today!
At our firm, we understand that you are going through a difficult time. We will guide you through this process with compassion and experience.
We understand that every case is unique. Our firm provides personalized attention and unique strategies for each case in order to achieve the most favorable results.
When you work with our firm, you will have advocates on your side that are ready for any circumstances and are not afraid to take your case to trial to secure favorable results.
Decades of Experience
Our firm offers more than 30 years of combined legal experience to advocate for you. Each of our attorneys will bring their insight and to your case.