Jackson 731-256-0023
Clarksville 931-683-0070
Post-Divorce Modifications Passionate About Helping You Through Life's Difficult Times

Post-Divorce Modifications in Tennessee

Experienced Legal Support for Post-Divorce Issues in Jackson and Clarksville

When a divorce agreement is made, each party is expected to oblige by the order. However, there are many occasions where an ex-spouse will fail to uphold their end of the deal, resulting in extreme hardship or unfair treatment for the other party.

Whether you are seeking a post-divorce modification or fighting one, it is imperative to obtain legal consultation from a skilled and reliable attorney. At Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC, our lawyers possess the extensive knowledge of Tennessee laws and court proceedings to help you navigate through the possible complexities of your case. Do not hesitate to get the legal help necessary to begin a fresh new chapter in life.

Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a skilled modification attorney!

Contempt of Court in Tennessee

If a party fails to obey a court order in Tennessee, action must be taken to force the individual to comply with the order. In some cases, it may be necessary to file a contempt petition that aims to punish a noncompliant person for continuously ignoring a court order. If a party is held in contempt for violating a court order, punishment can include wage garnishments, seizure of property or assets, interception of tax refunds and lottery winnings, driver’s license suspension, and even jail time.

Common violations which can result in contempt proceedings include the following:

  • Failure to make regularly schedule child support or alimony payments
  • Failure to make your child available for scheduled visitation
  • Failure to abide by the property division order
  • Refuse to return your child to the custodial parent after scheduled visitation time

Modification of Court Orders

If you want to modify your divorce agreement, you must demonstrate that there has been “a substantial and material change in the circumstances” since the court entered the last order. The change can occur to you or the other party.

The following are common circumstances to modify a court order:

  • Losing a job
  • Getting remarried
  • Having more children
  • Retiring
  • Being arrested or convicted

Contact Us Today

Just because the divorce is over, doesn’t mean that you will not have legal problems with your ex-spouse. Fortunately, you have the power to make the necessary changes with the help of our team.

Contact our firm and schedule a free consultation today.

Our Promise

Here's What You Can Expect From Our Firm
  • Caring Counsel

    At our firm, we understand that you are going through a difficult time. We will guide you through this process with compassion and experience.

  • Personalized Approach

    We understand that every case is unique. Our firm provides personalized attention and unique strategies for each case in order to achieve the most favorable results.

  • Fierce Advocacy

    When you work with our firm, you will have advocates on your side that are ready for any circumstances and are not afraid to take your case to trial to secure favorable results.

  • Decades of Experience

    Our firm offers more than 30 years of combined legal experience to advocate for you. Each of our attorneys will bring their insight and to your case.

Speak With An Attorney Today

Fill out the form below or call us directly at (731) 256-0023.
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.