Jackson Robbery Lawyer
Aggressive Representation for Robbery Charges in Tennessee
At Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC, we understand the stress and uncertainty of facing robbery charges in Tennessee. Our experienced team of attorneys is dedicated to providing solid legal representation to individuals accused of robbery, ensuring their rights are protected throughout the legal process. A knowledgeable and skilled legal advocate is crucial if you or a loved one are facing robbery charges. Our firm is here to help you navigate the complexities of the legal system and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Call Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC today at (731) 256-0023 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery attorney in Jackson!
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a severe criminal offense involving force, intimidation, or threats to take property from another person against their will. Unlike theft, which typically involves the unlawful taking of property without confrontation, robbery involves direct interaction and the use or threat of violence. In Tennessee, robbery is considered a felony offense and is treated with severity by the criminal justice system.
Robbery charges can encompass a range of situations, including but not limited to:
- Armed Robbery: Involves using a weapon, such as a firearm or a knife, during the commission of the robbery.
- Strong-Arm Robbery: Occurs when physical force or intimidation is used to take property from the victim, but without using a weapon.
- Carjacking: A specific form of robbery where a motor vehicle is taken from its owner by force or threat of force.
- Aggravated Robbery: This charge applies when the perpetrator causes serious bodily injury to the victim during the commission of the robbery.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in Tennessee?
Robbery convictions in Tennessee carry severe penalties that can have a lasting impact on your life. The potential consequences include:
- Prison Time: A conviction for robbery can result in a significant period of incarceration. The length of the prison sentence depends on factors such as the specific circumstances of the crime, any prior criminal record, and the presence of aggravating factors.
- Fines: Besides imprisonment, those convicted of robbery may face substantial fines. These fines can add to the financial burden of an already challenging situation.
- Criminal Record: A robbery conviction will result in a permanent criminal record, affecting your future employment prospects, housing opportunities, and other aspects of your life.
- Probation or Parole: Depending on the circumstances of your case, you might be subject to probation or parole upon release from prison. This entails strict supervision and compliance with specific terms and conditions.
- Restitution: Courts may order convicted individuals to pay restitution to the victims for any financial losses resulting from the robbery.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Our firm believes every individual deserves a strong defense and the opportunity to tell their side of the story. Our experienced Jackson robbery lawyers will carefully examine the details of your case to develop an effective defense strategy tailored to your situation. Potential defenses against robbery charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: Robbery charges require the prosecution to prove that the defendant intended to commit theft while using force or intimidation. If there is evidence that challenges this intent, it could weaken the prosecution's case.
- Mistaken Identity: Eyewitness testimony can be unreliable, and mistaken identity is common in criminal cases. Our attorneys will work to challenge the accuracy of any identification made by witnesses.
- Self-Defense: If you acted in self-defense or believed you were in imminent danger, our attorneys can argue that your actions were justifiable.
- Police Misconduct: If law enforcement violated your rights during the arrest or investigation, we can seek to suppress evidence or dismiss the charges.
Contact Our Jackson Robbery Attorney Today
Facing robbery charges is a serious matter that requires the expertise of a skilled legal team. At Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC, we are dedicated to providing aggressive and thorough representation to individuals accused of robbery in Tennessee. Our experienced attorneys understand the complexities of criminal law and will work tirelessly to protect your rights, build a strong defense, and pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact Casey, Simmons & Bryant, PLLC, today to schedule a consultation with our robbery lawyer in Jackson!
At our firm, we understand that you are going through a difficult time. We will guide you through this process with compassion and experience.
We understand that every case is unique. Our firm provides personalized attention and unique strategies for each case in order to achieve the most favorable results.
When you work with our firm, you will have advocates on your side that are ready for any circumstances and are not afraid to take your case to trial to secure favorable results.
Decades of Experience
Our firm offers more than 30 years of combined legal experience to advocate for you. Each of our attorneys will bring their insight and to your case.